Table of Content
What is a BA?
Major roles of Business Analyst (BA)
- BA acts as liaison (communication source) between the business team (have a
business problem) and the technical team (knows how to create automated
- BA responsible to gather, detail and document requirements in a format that is useful to team and the technical developers.
Roles and Responsibilities (BA)
- Define the Project and Identify its Scope
- Gather Requirements
- Document Requirements
- Communicate the Requirements
- Identify the Solution
- Verify that the proposed solution meets the requirements
Essential Skills and Techniques of BA
- Lead project team to have consensus (opinion) on project scope.
- Gather requirements that are critical to project scope.
- Interview, surveys, meetings, etc (better communication with peers)
- Project Management (documenting, categorizing, and packaging the requirements gathered)
- Identify and detail documentation of required components such as (data, process, externals, rules)
- Testing principles for requirements
- Conduct requirement review (JAD session, formal/informal presentation, meetings)
Few hands Picked Articles for you